
This is a nice little blouse, has a slim silhoutte, extended shoulders and a self fabric belt that is loosely cinched at the waist also side seam gathers. It has an illustrated sewing course in the supplement which is very helpful. I did however make a large mistake cutting out, I didn't add SA to the centre back [must have had a stressful day] But luckely I left 1' seams on the side still I thought this is not going to fit around the neck, so I ended up making the shirt bands a little narrower. Worked out ok.

I didn't follow the pattern exactly. I have a palmer pletch dvd on sewing shirts & blouses. I do like the way Martha Alto explains in the dvd how to attach collar to collar band and then to the blouse. The same method is used in the pattern, but its nice to look at the more detailed instructions. I also made a double yoke for the back, which is a nicer finish, this is also shown in the dvd. This is a very easy style to sew, especially the added bonus of the sewing course.

l also had some rayon fabric left over from another project so I made BWOF 106 skirt from issue 10/2008. This is a nice fitting skirt , it also has a sewing supplement.

I am not so sure about this one , it has two small pleats supposed to give it a slight tulip shape supposed to be trendy . I don't like trendy I prefair classic, however it is different

BWOF blouse 105 from issue 6/2008 & BWOF skirt 106
No comments:
Post a Comment