Wednesday, May 20, 2009

BWOF dress &BWO jacket-blouse

BWOF dress121 issue 2/2009 BWOF jacket- blouse 111 issue7/2008

I also made a BWOF jacket in black to go with this dress, its 111 from issue 7/2008. Its a nice summer weight jacket blouse, uncomplicated no lining easy to sew,its a mix of wool and poly from a local fabric store.The only negative thing about this stlye for me is the dropped sleeves I have small shoulders and this is not a great look for me. How ever I did add small shoulder pads. Black is a also a color I very seldom wear but I think it's ok if you dress it up with other colors

this photo of the back is a little lobsided I think my dress form is a wee bit off


I just love back and white and think it looks great with a little red thrown in, be it beeds, a silk scarf or red shoes. In the BWOF issue 2/2009 on page 67 there is some really great looks in black and white. next project on the agenda is the shirtwaister dress 105 also in black and white. I am alreday looking out for a nice wide black belt to go with it




The fabric is a 100% rayon from vogue fabric's in Chicago. the patteren is 121 from2/2009. What I like about this patten is the simplicity and the very feminine look of it, it has a self fabric tie-belt that cinches the waist, casing under the bust, tied raglan short sleeve, it's also bias cut.





Sleeve pattern w/o SA . I added SA when cutting out the fabric.I am always trying new things, mainly to be a more efficient sewer without sacrificing the quality of the finished work.For the past three years I have sewn only BWOF although thier instructions are notorious sometimes, they are very well drafted . They dont fit me without tweaking, but there is mush less tweaking to be done then other patterns











Sleeves showing thread tracing ,I usually don't do this step but here I wanted accuracy




Closely spaced zigzag stitchs on the sleeve edges and sleeve hem. Stitch lenght 10mm stitch width 30mm










No comments: